Online pregnancy yoga course
This yoga course will give you everything you need for practicing yoga in pregnancy, as well as extra videos, recordings of meditations and breathing exercises, and resources to help you to practice at home.
The next course will start on 15th July. See more info below, and book here.
Plus if you’d like a little taster (and cheeky discount), head over here.
The course includes:
- 6 x hour-long yoga classes that can be taken live in our facebook group (Wednesdays 7.30-8.30pm) or at a time to suit your schedule. Live classes start on 15th July and run for 6 weeks.
- 6 x meditation sessions (live on Fridays, and again can be taken whenever suits your schedule)
- a private facebook group to connect to other mums to be and ask questions
- lots of extra videos to help you to exercise effectively during your pregnancy
- free recordings of breathing exercises and meditations to help you relax
- a reminder booklet after the course so you can practice at home
- a 30% discount code for birth confidence cards
Course content and suitability
Over the course of 6 weeks, we’ll cover all the fundamentals of pregnancy yoga, so you’ve got the knowledge and resources to practice at home safely.
Note that these are not pre-recorded classes – I’ll be live, guiding you through the class. There will be opportunities to ask questions, too, so you’re not just left to do everything by yourself – I am here to support you.
The course costs £50 for 6 weeks.
- the basics of pregnancy yoga, including how to exercise the pelvic floor effectively, and some of the key changes the body goes through while pregnant and how to adapt your yoga
- different exercises to strengthen and stretch your low and upper body, especially good if you’re at a desk often and feeling crunchy shoulders
- loads of techniques to help with relaxation
- breath exercises that you can use to calm yourself during birth
This course is suitable whatever trimester you’re in, and whatever birth you are planning. I can accommodate you if you’ve had issues during your pregnancy (I ask everyone to complete a short questionnaire before we start so that I can modify anything and make sure everyone’s safe) and we can chat beforehand about anything you’re concerned about.
Some people don’t like to practice yoga in the first trimester, but there isn’t any reason why you shouldn’t as long as you feel OK. Most people are aware that there is a higher risk of miscarriage in the first trimester but nothing we do in pregnancy yoga is unsafe and everything we do is designed to support your body as it changes. I will regularly encourage you to listen to your body during class and to take rest if you need to, and this can be especially important during the first trimester when you quite often feel like total crap! If you have any questions or concerns, just get in touch with me.
Why practice yoga in pregnancy?
I’ve written a longer blog post here, but here are just a few of the great reasons why pregnancy yoga is amazing:
- Build physical strength as your bump grows using safe exercises designed especially for pregnancy
- Learn breathing and meditation techniques to use throughout your pregnancy, birth and postnatally
- Build your confidence around giving birth and learn about positions to make birth more straightforward
- Leave classes feeling relaxed, strong, and ready for life with your new baby
Find out what people say about my classes.